Committee Against Satanic Panics
Pamphlets and Leaflets
Below are both HTML and PDF versions of our pamphlets and leaflets. PDF versions are better for printing out copies to distribute, whereas HTML versions are easier to read online.
1) The following pamphlet has not yet been distributed to its primary target audiences and should be considered a draft at this point. (Feedback appreciated.) It is intended primarily to counter the extreme right wing conspiracy claims about "Satanism" and "Luciferianism" that have been promulgated, here in New York City, within the 9/11 Truth movement and, to a lesser extent, within the antiwar movement. It also responds to some common Pagan misconceptions about Satanism. It will be given primarily to people we encounter who bring up the topic of Satanism, as Alex Jones fans are likely to do.
- "Satanism and Luciferianism:  A response to popular myths" [HTML] [PDF] (two sides of 8.5" x 14", folded in half).
Later there will be other NYARBB pamphlets and leaflets responding to "Illuminati" conspiracy claims, addressing specifically the anti-Pagan claims, anti-gay claims, etc. In the meantime:
2) Following is a revised version of a leaflet which was first distributed at the New York City Pagan Pride festival, Saturday, September 27, 2008:
- "Help us counteract religious right wing bigotry (including anti-Pagan bigotry) within nonreligious political movements." [HTML] [PDF] (half of two-sided 8.5" x 14", printed identically on both sides and then cut in half to generate two identical two-sided 8.5" x 7" leaflets). This leaflet alerts modern Pagans to the anti-Pagan aspects of "Illuminati" claims promoted by right wing populists.
3) Following is a revised version of an older pamphlet by Diane Vera, originally written before the formation of NYARBB:
- ""Satanic" panics and the Pagan community." [HTML] [PDF] (two sides of 8.5" x 11", folded in half). This pamphlet, aimed at Pagans, contains a very brief capsule history of the "Satanic Ritual Abuse" scare of 1980 to 1995 and its brief resurgence in 2003 to 2006. It also contains some discussion of Pagan public relations strategy.
4) See also:
- The NYARBB Project Against Grand Conpsiracy Ideology's introductory pamphlet [HTML] [PDF] (two sides of 8.5" x 11", folded in half)
- The NYARBB Committee for 9/11 Accountability's leaflet "Support a new investigation of 9/11. But let’s NOT endorse religiously bigoted “Illuminati” claims" [HTML] [PDF] (8.5" x 14", printed indentically on two sides and then cut in half to produce two identical 8.5" x 7" leaflets).